Monday, December 13, 2010

12 days till Christmas, 8 days till Solstice

Trying to keep those spirits up! Buckets of rain not helping much. Daughter's car (which I share) broke down on Friday night -- brakes went out -- that didn't help much. I have to walk down to the auto shop now and pick it up. And pay for it. That's a chunk o'change. But part of my caregiving package: physical, emotional, financial. I'm glad I'm able to help. So many people in so much worse shape, here in Portland, all over the world. I mailed another get well card to my recovering Mom today with a letter of encouragement (get up and walk, Mom) as well as a birthday card and letter to my ex. Two people I spent a lot of years with. So, Happy Holidays everyone! Let's keep those spirits up, remember to be grateful for what we do have, not despairing for what we don't have. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment